Every year, from the months of November all the way to the first week of January, our nation’s highways experience a high volume of traffic. People will be traveling across the country, hoping to visit family and friends, or taking a road trip as part of their vacation, and even spending the evening out with friends to celebrate.
Whether it is on the road, out shopping in retail stores, or walking around the local neighborhoods, one thing is clear: this is a time of year that is lively and full of celebration, but it is also a time when we see many different people meeting at once. At Henderson, Mokhtari & Weatherly, our Columbus personal injury lawyer wants to make sure that you are safe.
Keep reading our blog for some safe driving tips this holiday!
Safe Driving Tips for the Holidays
Allstate Insurance Company shared several statistics with regards to holiday driving, including the number of people on the roads and the rate at which people become injured because of an accident or collision. Many factors can contribute to this. For example, if you live in an area that receives a good amount of rain or snow, you might anticipate slippery or slick roads that are difficult to drive on.
Here are some tips that may help you stay safe while driving during the holidays:
- Make sure your vehicle is regularly maintained.
- Do not leave any valuables in your vehicle. If you must leave vehicles in the car, cover them, or better yet—store them in the trunk so that they are out of view from prying eyes.
- Drive a little slower, especially in areas covered in snow, ice, or during a downpour of rain.
- Make sure that your gas tank is always full. Plan to make frequent stops to top up and ensure that you are never close to empty.
- Plan your route ahead of time. If you can, familiarize yourself with the roads to determine which ones are busiest and at which times. You may want to plan to leave earlier or later, to avoid getting stuck in traffic.
- Make sure that you have some form of roadside assistance on hand, as well as any contact information in case of emergency or an unplanned situation arises.
We have a seasoned Columbus car accident attorney on our personal injury team who can offer sound legal counsel. If you have been injured in an accident, let us help you! We have over 70 years of experience and have handled thousands of cases successfully.
Call us at (614) 918-4440 to request a free case consultation.